read register and proprietary frame

Home Forums Software chibiArduino read register and proprietary frame

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yann-insa November 1, 2017 at 3:36 pm.

• Author

yann-insa
    Participant

Hi

I need a little bit help with chibiarduino stack for exemple I awnt to check if promiscuous register is on but answer is little bit harzardous. I try to add this line in Wireshark Bridge sketch I have modify chibiUsrCfg.h file for define flag of promiscuous

byte registre_XAH_CTRL_1=chibiRegRead(0x17); //0x17 -> register XAH_CTRL_1 which you can find AACK_PROM_MODE
    Serial.print(registre_XAH_CTRL_1);

But in serial monitor of arduino appears registre_XAH_CTRL_1=0

For my application, I want to sniff a sensor with propritary frame so I think I need to modify some register and maybe I will find encryption payload but with wireshark will see frame, isn’t right?

Best regards

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  yann-insa.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  yann-insa.

akiba
    Keymaster

Hi Yann.
    Setting XAH_CTRL_1 for the AACK_PROM_MODE enables promiscuous mode in the auto-ACK mode. When the chibiArduino stack sets promiscuous mode, it doesn’t use autoACK mode since there is no need for acknowledgements. Thats why that bit is 0.
    When we go into promiscuous mode, I set it to receive frames manually with no automatic hardware processing (ie: no auto CRC check, no frame filtering based on address, etc). This allows you to get the completely raw data.

Akiba
    FreakLabs Open Source Wireless
    Twitter: @freaklabs
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/freaklabswireless

yann-insa
    Participant

Akiba,
    Now, I can check all register, so you right all bite of XAH_CTRL_1 are in low level. Okay, before i didn’t understand that promiscuous mode is only for acknowledge frame.
    Do you know is we have any filtering enable that block received frame?

But I don’t understand why I don’t see frame (proprietary frame protocol (MAC layer is not compliant with 802.15.4) in wireshark with sensniff.

Thanks in advance
    regards

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  yann-insa.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  yann-insa.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.